Kelly and Mattie already have lived in a variety of states since I shot their city hall elopement. Kelly is in the army, so they move around a lot. But NYC’s City Hall was the perfect place to bring in a few of their nearest and dearest for an intimate, laugh-filled ceremony. I love doing elopements and happily, they are the first lesbians to apply for a VA home loan in their state!
Roma and Chris are two amazing, amazingly happy people whom Natalie and I are so lucky to know– especially since they met in high school, just like us! When it came time to plan their wedding, they had a list of complex requests, not because they’re picky or demanding but because they wanted so much to accommodate all the people they love.
They wanted an Indian wedding in Roma’s family’s Catholic church. They wanted a downtown reception location on a budget. They wanted to serve their large group of supportive family and friends great Indian food– with other options as well. Most of all,they wanted everyone to have a ridiculously fun time.
August in DC // Weather: Perfectly summer. Not too hot or cold. // Favorite light time for shots: 7:00pm//
Getting Ready TOGETHER (dress went on): 1:00 // Ceremony Start: 2:15 // Left church for couple shots/reception: 3:25 // Couple Shots: 4:30 // Reception Started: 5:00
Venue Love: This venue is a secret gem. It’s in downtown DC and huge and budget friendly. Hellllloooo!
Lesson learned: Travel always takes longer than you think. Make sure to budget in extra time for car rides so your couple shot time doesn’t suddenly shrink.
Best thing ever: Dancing outside in DC at night with dozens of brightly colored saris.
- 2014 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2013 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2012 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2011 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2010 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2009 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2008 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec